Working Your Brain the Way it Was Created to Work
Methodical doodling, Mind Mapping, is today’s "science-based" creative business planning. This mind liberating process is a highly effective way of getting ideas in and out of your brain. Mind Mapping is a creative and logical way of taking notes of thoughts that literally "maps out" your ideas, resulting in data your mind can understand.
Science shows that mind mapping improves your memory, writing, and organizes your thoughts, not to mention it makes for a much more creative and well thought out presentation.
All Mind Maps start with a core axel while the ideas radiate outward by using lines, symbols, words, color and images according to simple, brain-friendly concepts. Mind mapping converts a long list of information into a colorful, memorable and highly organized diagram that works in line with your brain's natural way of doing things.
Mind Mapping experts from Mindmap explains it like this,
“One simple way to understand a Mind Map is by comparing it to a map of a city. The city center represents the main idea; the main roads leading from the center represent the key thoughts in your thinking process; the secondary roads or branches represent your secondary thoughts, and so on. Special images or shapes can represent landmarks of interest or particularly relevant ideas.”
What I love about Mind Mapping is I do not have to have any order to my thoughts, which works great for my randomness, as soon as an idea pops into my brain I put it in the map. No need to worry about thinking in any particular order. Simply, throw out any and all ideas, then worry about reorganizing them later.
The General Flow of a Mind Map
- The main idea, subject or focus is crystallized in a central image
- The main themes radiate from the central image as 'branches'
- The branches comprise a key image or keyword drawn or printed on its associated line
- Topics of lesser importance are represented as 'twigs' of the relevant branch
- The branches form a connected nodal structure
How to Create Your Mind Map
- Think of your general main theme and write that down in the center of the page. (i.e. food)
- Figure out sub-themes of your main concept and draw branches to them from the center, beginning to look like a spider web (i.e. meats, dairy, breads)
- Make sure to use very short phrases or even single words
- Add images to invoke thought or get the message across better
- Try to think of at least two main points for each sub-theme you created and create branches out to those
Another amazing thing about Mind Mapping is you can Mind Map about anything, anywhere, anytime. Try using this with your personal goals, your family goals, this is also an excellent tool for kids.
READY TO GET STARTED?
Fill out this form to download your free Mind Map Template as either an editable PowerPoint or as a PDF.
If you want to take it a step furfure and use Mind Mapping Software,
I recommend MINDMAP @ www.MINDMAP.com
If you'd like to learn more about creating an effective, results oriented business plan contact one of our elite Master Business Consultants Today and receive a FREE consultation.