That Will Help You Lose Weight
Start Your Day Out Right
If you want to lose weight, or you just want to get healthy, then breakfast should be number one on your list. Even if you're exercising every day, you could be sabotaging your plans by skipping breakfast! And, if you do eat breakfast every day, you may be choosing the wrong foods. Here are 5 healthy breakfast tips to make that first meal of the day a healthy one.
- Never Skip Breakfast: This is number one on the list of healthy breakfast tips for a very good reason! You may think you're shaving calories off your day by missing breakfast, but it just leaves you more likely to snack on unhealthy foods throughout the morning. Above this, breakfast kickstarts your metabolism, making your body work harder to burn off calories from the meals you eat through the rest of the day. Start with a combination of lean protein and simple carbs with a serving of fruit and you will be set until Lunch time.
- Avoid Sugar: Many of us wrongly assume that all breakfast cereals are healthy. This is far from the truth: many of them are overloaded with sugar. This can lead to weight gain and energy spikes that will leave you feeling sleepy by lunch time. A simple trick to alleviating sweet attacks is to eat ½ an avocado with light salt…..this will leave you satisfied and the healthy fats are much better for you in the long run.
- Don't Drink Too Much Juice: Although fruit juice is good for you, this doesn't mean that it's free from calories. The sugar in fruit juice can cause an energy spike, so stick to a small glass and drink water to hydrate you for the day. Drinking more water has the added benefit of helping you to feel fuller and avoid snacking. If you choose Juice make certain it is fresh squeezed juice with added greens. See my Juicing guide to get amazing healthy recipes.
- Start your day like you are starting a race. Think of breakfast as a kick-start fuel for your day, and start with healthy foods that'll give your body the nutrients you need to sustain energy. This means avoiding processed or junk food that’ll leave you feeling sluggish at work. Processed foods are most foods that come from a box or can…….. Go Fresh
- Include A Few Superfoods: Superfoods are ingredients known to greatly decrease your risk of developing a range of diseases. Thankfully, many of these are perfect for breakfast. Here are a few top ingredients to get you going: oats, yogurt, veggies ( love Breakfast salads), berries, nuts and seeds. Even if you only have a handful of these ingredients, it's a good way to make sure you get something healthy into every day.
If all these healthy breakfast tips seem time consuming for your busy schedule, remember to plan ahead. If necessary, prepare your breakfast the night before to make it as easy as possible for you to stick to a healthy diet. Watch for my up and coming plan and prepare blog.
I am always looking for new healthy breakfast recipes so if you have one you’d like to share with our readers please submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org and write Recipe in the subject line.
As always , we love to hear from you so feel free to write us in the comment box below. Have a healthy day.