This salad is a great option to mix with some greens for a healthy salad option. If you want to keep calories down, skip the dressing! The orzo pasta serving size is 2 ounces with a total of 200 calories per serving, so keep portions small emphasize veggies!
- 1 package Delallo gluten free orzo pasta
- 1 bunch asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, diced small
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, diced small
- 1/2 purple onion, diced small
- 1 bunch of curly parsley
- 1 bottle Tessemaes Lemon Garlic dressing
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Trader Joe's lemon pepper seasoning with grinder (about 10 grinds)
- sea salt to taste
- mediterranean feta cheese to top (optional)
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Drain. Do not rinse.
- Toss with 1/8 cup of dressing and juice of both lemons. Place in refrigerator and allow to cool.
- Steam asparagus until bright green. About 2-3 minutes. Do not over cook. You want it crunchy. Allow to cool. Dice stalks small and save the ends for later use.
- Once orzo is cool toss with diced veggies and lemon zest. Add another 1/8 cup of dressing.
- Season with lemon pepper and sea salt to your liking. Udjust dressing if needed.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Refrigerate to let the flavors mingle. I like this better the next day.
- Serve cold or at room temperature with a side of grilled chicken, fish or steak atop a mix of spring greens. Enjoy!