Refreshing summer salad for those hot August nights! Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 teaspoons roughly chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 tangerines
- 6 cups fresh spinach, loosely packed
1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the squash with 2 tablespoons olive oil on a baking sheet and spread in an even layer. Season with 2 teaspoons rosemary, and salt and pepper. Roast - stirring once halfway through, until the squash is just tender and golden, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool until just warm, about 15 minutes.
- While the squash is roasting, peel 3 tangerines and slice them crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rounds, removing any seeds. Juice the remaining tangerine and whisk the juice together with the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and remaining 1 teaspoon rosemary. Season the Dressing with salt and pepper.
- Combine the warm squash, the spinach, tangerine slices and cranberries with the dressing and toss gently to coat. Divide among salad plates.