- 2 large whole beets
- 1 ball of fresh Mozzarella cheese
- A few slices of cucumber
- Toasted hazelnuts for garnish
- A few tablespoons of vinaigrette
- Roast whole beets on a sheet pan at 350 degrees for about an hour, until they are fork tender. Let them cool.
- Slice the beets into slices that are a little thicker than ¼ inch thick. Using heart shaped cookie cutters, cut out some hearts out of the beet slices.Place on a serving plate.
- Take fresh Mozzarella (if you're doing Whole30 eating, use slices of jicama.) and cut it into slices that are little thicker than ¼ inch thick. Cut out smaller heart shapes. Press the Mozzarella hearts into the beet juices that are left on your cutting board, turning the slices slightly pink. Place these hearts on the beet hearts.
- Cut out tiny hearts out of cucumber and scatter on top. Scatter nuts on top - I used roasted hazelnuts.
- Drizzle with your favorite vinaigrette. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Add grilled chicken for protein and enjoy