- 1 sweet potato or yam
- 3 egg whites chopped (boil eggs for 10 minutes, peel and discard yolk)
- ¼ cup celery
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Dressing: 1 ½ teaspoon mustard, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 2 teaspoon red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoon low fat mayonnaise.
- Peel and chop sweet potato, boil for 15-20 minutes. Drain and let cool. Mix dressing ingredients. Mix chopped egg whites, onions, celery. Mix all ingredients together and sprinkle with chives.
- Serve with 2 oz of lean protein such as chicken, turkey or salmon or, if you prefer, have ½ cup of cottage cheese and ¼ cup strawberries for dessert.